If you decide to purchase as a homeanimal fish, you first need to think about where they will live and how to choose the right aquarium ... Of course, the solution of this issue depends on many indicators - the amount of free space in your room, the future number of inhabitants in the aquarium, your ambitions, desires and of course the thickness of your wallet ...
Many beginner aquarists, we wouldadvised to buy an aquarium with a capacity of 20-40 liters. Remember that the smaller the "house" for your future fish, the more difficult it is to take care of it, the more - so, accordingly, it is easier, but it is not necessary at first to pour an aquarium with a volume of 100-1500 liters and above, everything must be approached "wisely".
How to properly care for an aquarium
Once your aquarium is properly equippedand fish will already live in it, you will need to periodically care for and maintain a certain environment in it, so that your fish grow, be healthy and delight you with their beauty, and the aquarium itself was clean and well-groomed. This withdrawal can be designated as daily and periodic (once a week or once in two weeks). Let's look at what your daily aquarium care will be:
- Visual inspection of the integrity of the aquarium. The fact is that many aquariums are 5 pieces of glass glued together by a special composition. Either way, over time, a leak may appear in the aquarium, which must be eliminated as quickly as possible.
- Checking aquarium equipment. This includes checking the lighting (the lamps can burn out over time), the work of the air filter and compressor, temperature indicators and other things. - Checking the water quality. Over time, the water in the aquarium can become clouded. It can be connected with completely different factors - excessive abundance of food, excess algae, surplus soil and so on. One way or another you will need to understand the cause of the turbidity of water and eliminate it.
- Feeding and monitoring the behavior of fish. Do not forget to feed your fish every day, preferably at the same time. Try not to tolerate malnutrition or surplus food in the aquarium. Just look at how the fish behave, whether you have sick or pregnant individuals. If it happened that one of the inhabitants of your aquarium "surfaced belly", then try to find out the cause of the incident and eliminate it.
- Daily check the condition of other aquarium inhabitants - snails, shrimp, crayfish, algae, etc. Do not over-propagate.
Here is a little instruction how to take care ofaquarium every day, should help you keep it clean and healthy and well-being of its inhabitants. Now let's turn to periodic care of the aquarium, which you will need to do 2-3 times a month:
- Cleaning of aquarium equipment. You will need to disconnect the filter, compressor, heater and other devices from the power supply and clean them from seaweed, silt, fish products and other types of contaminants.
- Cleaning the glass of the aquarium itself.
- Using a siphon, clean the soil in your aquarium from all kinds of dirt.
- To dilute greatly overgrown plants, remove old or damaged leaves from them.
- Remove excess fish from the aquarium. If different types of fish, snails and other animals are constantly multiplying in your aquarium, soon they will simply not have enough space. Try not to let this happen.
- Check for stiffness, salinity and otherwater indicators. If you start rare and too fastidious to the environment of the fish, then you will need to constantly maintain that environment, where they will live in the most comfortable way, so try to maintain it properly.
Well, probably, and all that you need to know aboutHow to take care of an aquarium. By observing these simple rules you will be able to provide your fish with a long and "happy" existence, we wish you success in your endeavors!