At the beginning of every spring, our petsthe period of the mating season begins. In this period of time they try to get out onto the street, serenades are sung all day long and mark every corner, giving their hosts a lot of trouble. Therefore, in this article, we will tell you how to calm the March cat.
In the spree
The most natural solution to this problem isgo to the entreaties of your pet and let him out into the streets to adventure. The cat will walk and will soon return. He will be all dirty, tired, but peaceful and happy. You also need to sanitize the prodigal cat. It will be necessary to wash it with anti-block shampoo and give to eat the medicine from worms. But if you live in a multi-storey house, not far from roads or highways, then of course this way you obviously will not do.
How to calm the cat with drugs
In each pet shop you can buy a largethe number of drops or tablets that can cool the temper and zest of the pet, but, true, only for a while. All medicines for especially temperamental cats and cats are divided into 2 groups: hormonal and sedative.
For example, drugs are sedatives"Cat bayun" and "stop-stress". These drops on the basis of medicinal herbal remedies promise complete tranquility for pets. They are less harmful, but less effective than hormone drugs. Hormonal drugs: gestrenol, contracex, stop-intim, libidomin, sex barrier are stronger and sold separately for "girls" and "boys." But it is better not to abuse these drugs, because hormonal components include side effects - from the violation of the birth function to the most serious oncological diseases.
How to calm a cat with a hormonal prick
This method will cost you more thantablet, but your pet, according to the promises of manufacturers, about 6 months will lose interest in the opposite sex. Hormonal injections are divided into veterinary and medical. In principle, nothing special, they do not differ, except that only by the price. But, unfortunately not every veterinarian can advise to make such an injection, because it can be fraught with side effects and complications. Most experts recommend you sterilization.
How to calm a cat by sterilization
- Since the age of eight months of cats and cats can alreadyand you need to sterilize, unless of course in the future, you are not going to breed animals. It is worth noting that you do not need to believe the myth, if you want to sterilize a cat, it must first be tied at least once.
- Sterilized cats and cats are less aggressive,they become affectionate and calm, and it's not for nothing that the operation is recommended to correct behavior, and cats, by the way, stop marking their territory. But the main thing - sterilization will help to solve the issue of the cat's personal life forever. When castration, cats or bandage the spermatic cord, or completely remove the testicles. This operation is quite simple, it is performed under general anesthesia and relatively quickly. With cats, things are much more complicated. In the operation there is a cavitary operative intervention. The ovaries themselves are removed, in case the cat has not yet given birth and is young, or completely all the reproductive organs and the uterus. The second option is used more often for adults and already giving birth, so that there is an opportunity to reduce the risk in the future, cancer or purulent infections.
- Usually cats produce a small incision eitherBelly (operation on the white line), or on the side. At the moment, most veterinary clinics offer surgery with a side incision, explaining this by the fact that caring for the animal after the operation is minimal, and the pet can quickly return to a full-fledged existence. But nevertheless, highly qualified veterinarians still do not give recommendations for this kind of surgery, because it is considered more dangerous and traumatic for the abdominal organs and requires the surgeon to have a lot of experience and skill.
- In case you work, on the day of the operationask for a day off, because the pet will need your care and attention within a day after the operation as a minimum. After the consciousness returns to the pet, most likely he will want to escape somewhere, jump up to the altitude. Do not let him jump and especially move too much. It is worth considering that after anesthesia cats often freeze, so better cover it with a blanket or sheet and put a hot water bottle next to it. And most importantly - make sure that the cat does not begin to spill the seam, which you will process by certain means, written out by the vet. If necessary, if the pet will still try to lick a sore spot, put on it an "Elizabethan collar", which can be purchased at a veterinary store. The cat will have more seams, therefore, it will be stronger, and in this connection, she will need to wear after the operation a blanket, which will be worn in a veterinary clinic.
- In the first 10 days, replace the filler in a cat toilet with an ordinary newspaper, and for the prevention of urolithiasis, it is worthwhile to transfer the pet to food for sterilized animals.
I think that now you know exactly how to calm the March cat, and it will be absolutely easy for you to do it.