In our difficult times, many owners, especiallypeople who live in villages prefer not to buy chickens or ducks, but to breed them at home. Typically, this is done with the help of mini-incubators. Let's examine in this article how to incubate eggs in an incubator. In order for you to succeed and the chicks hatch, you need to know a lot of different nuances. Before you do this unfamiliar business, you should buy or read the relevant literature.
How to lay eggs in an incubator
- Remember that in the incubator you need to lay only warm eggs.
- If eggs are chicken, then incubation should start in the evening, and if duck, then in the morning.
- When laying eggs, make sure that they are about the same size.
- Keep in mind that it is not recommended to lay eggs in an incubator because it can increase the time for general warming up or cause the moisture to settle on the shell.
- Before starting the process, you need to bring the eggs into the room, the temperature in which will be at least twenty-five degrees, and leave there for ten hours.
- Please note that at a temperature of twenty-sevendegrees there is a risk of improper development of the fetus. The start of the incubation should take place quickly, and the time for the first warm-up should not exceed four hours.
- Water in the pan, for moistening, pour only warmed up to forty or forty two degrees.
- It is best to lay chicken eggs in the evening, about eighteen hours. With this rule, the chickens hatch in the early morning, and the day you get the whole brood.
- Illumination of eggs on the ovoscope, after six and seventeen days, will take place in the evening, which means that there is no need to darken the room.
- First of all, lay large eggs in the incubator, and four hours later the averages. Small eggs are laid in another four hours.
- In nature, absolutely all eggs, during the processThe incubation lies horizontally, on the side. It is in this position that the embryo must rise to the top and thus approach the source of heat. This position of eggs is the most profitable. If you have an incubator with an automatic egg turn, then the eggs can be laid vertically, with a sharp end to the bottom.
- Remember that large duck and goose eggs need to be laid only sideways.
How to store eggs for an incubator
- It should be known that the fetus develops from the moment the egg is in the oviduct, but it can stop if, after the demolition, the egg has been cooled.
- If the egg has been demolished and the incubation has passed a long time, then the egg can grow old and there will be a lot of irreversible changes in it, as well as decrease in hatchability.
- You need to store eggs in certain conditions. Without any loss of quality, all hatching eggs can be stored for no more than six days. But do not forget about observance of all conditions.
- Keep in mind that with the incubation of long-laying eggs, both the hatchability and the quality of the young fall significantly.
- The lower the humidity level, the more eggs will evaporate the moisture. At a humidity of eighty percent, a hen's egg will lose 0.7% of its own weight in ten days of storage.
- It is very important that the room where you are planningstore eggs, ventilated. If ventilation is bad, there is a risk of mold. Try not to allow a draft to walk around the room. After all, when the air moves, all the eggs will lose moisture much more quickly.
- Only clean air should be on the egg deck.
- Try not to store any incubation waste in the room with the eggs.
- Please note that a psychrometer and a thermometer must always be present in the room in order to monitor the humidity and temperature in the room.
Considering the entire process of incubating eggs inincubator, it is necessary to clarify how to check the egg in the incubator. Eggs should be checked on an ovoscope. This device can be bought, and you can make it yourself.
Remember that after laying eggs inincubator, they must be turned at least twice a day, as well as sprinkled with a weak solution of manganese. This is necessary for moistening and cooling. We hope that our recommendations will help you to bring out a bunch of small chickens. We wish you success in this not simple matter.