Long since, pig production is considered a occupationinteresting and rather profitable. To obtain the maximum income from this type of activity, it is mandatory to know and understand the rules of breeding and growing these animals. Therefore, in our article, we will tell you how to grow pigs.
At the moment, the theme of developing our owneconomy is one of the most promising and popular entrepreneurial thoughts, and even more so if you have everything you need to grow animals. To do this, just need a house in the countryside, and, of course, a maximum of effort and a margin of patience. Also you should not be afraid to dig in the dirt or dirt.
So, we bring to your attention the main advantages of such a thing as breeding pigs at home.
Pros of pig farming
- Mother Nature, endowed the pigs with uniquephysiological properties. In the whole world there is no more such an animal that could compete with the pig in productivity. Pig is a record for the number and speed of the build-up mass. Born, just a pig, weighs about a kilogram. Through (all) a week its weight makes already 2 kg., And in some months the weight will reach already about 30 kg. The one-year-old pig weighs 150 kilograms already. No farmer will be able to boast of such a gain.
- Also pigs are different and good speedreproduction. Of course, rabbits in this respect are far from them, but still their fertility is amazing. A sow in satisfactory conditions for her will be able to bring offspring twice a year, and in some cases three. Besides, each one is grown up, that is, the pig's kind, will be able to bring you from 12 to 14 piglets. A little understanding in arithmetic can be calculated that for the year, the pig will bring you about 30 piglets, each of which in a year will turn into 150 kg of net weight, on average it is 4 tons of meat per year. And if you have more than one sow?
- The next advantage. The organism of the pig, with the maximum productivity, can assimilate the food received. That is, for a set of 1 kilogram of weight, the pig needs less food than any other pet.
- Also worth noting is the popularity of pork among our people. No type of meat is in such demand.
Now let's move on to the rules for creating a domestic pig farm.
How to breed pigs
- The room where the pig will be kept mustbe dry and warm. In addition, the room should be well protected from drafts and cold wind, especially during the winter season. But also, the premise should be normally ventilated and in it there should be constantly fresh and pure air.
- To ensure dryness, before constructionpremises lay the foundation. The height of the foundation should be about 70 cm above the ground. It is also necessary to select the right site. The depth of groundwater should be no less than a meter from the surface, and preferably about 2 meters. In the opposite case, the room will be too humid air, which will negatively affect your business.
- The walls of the room must be built of bricks,cinder block or adobe. You can also use a tree, but this is undesirable. The thickness of the walls depends directly on the material from which they are built. If this tree, it is enough and 20 cm. A wall of brick should be a half-meter in thickness. From the inside, the walls are covered with plaster, and then with whitewashing. This will make them warmer and protect against infections. The ceiling, as a rule, is made of boards or concrete slabs. From the bottom the ceiling is whitened, and a layer of sawdust 20 cm thick is poured on top of it. Then a five-centimeter layer of sand is poured onto the sawdust. Thus, a cheaper heater is obtained. Well, from above, of course, they make a roof, then cover it with slate, tile or corrugated board. The floor is most often made of concrete. But most importantly, it was not slippery and easily cleaned. Also, there should be no cracks in the floor, where animal waste products can accumulate and then rot.
How to choose a pig for meat
In our country, about 30 varieties of these animals are bred. In total there are three conditional groups of pigs, according to the criteria of which they select, this is:
- Seasonal and meat breeds.
- Meat-sebaceous species.
- Bacon rocks.
To a greater extent, this classification will allow you to decide on the animal's choice for fattening. Since we are suitable pigs only for the cultivation of meat, let us dwell on the last two varieties.
- The second group includes pigs of white breed, andthe remaining breeds derived from its direct participation (Siberian northern, Ukrainian steppe and Lithuanian white). All animals of these breeds of white suits, fairly large, with a well developed muscular system, and poorly developed fat.
- The third group includes the Landras orEstonian bacon. They are very common in our country. These pigs are also white, but they have a long long ears, a long body and developed hams. In the carcasses of these pigs is also a high yield of meat and low fat.
- Most often, meat breeds are growngilts. They are suitable for both meat and bacon feeding. Adult boars sometimes weigh about 350 kg, and sows weigh about 250 kg. Pigs of these breeds are quite prolific.
Conditions for breeding pigs
When you have decided on the breed, you need toto think about feeding animals. The piglets are fed about 4-5 times a day. Portions should not be too large, in any case they should contain milk, the litter needs to be changed quite often. Piglets should always be dry and clean. The optimal age for picking pigs from a sow is 2 months. The young, which was most under the sow, is viable and more robust. Boars, which will be intended for meat fattening, should be immediately holed. Also it is worth considering that the piglets are vaccinated against infectious diseases at the age of three months. For this purpose, you need to invite a specialized vet.
How to grow a piglet healthy
- To make the pigs healthy, additives should be added to their food: vitamin and mineral complexes, meat-and-bone meal, fish oil and fishmeal.
- In dry weather, piglets must be walked around. To do this, construct a separate site from adults. More adult piglets are transferred to three meals a day.
- Feed should consist of concentrates, andthe amount of milk is gradually reduced. In summer, piglets should be given fresh grass, and in winter dry hay. Root and kitchen waste are also added to the feed. Continue to add meat-and-bone meal and fish oil.
Provided a good feeding, the young will be able toto reach 120 kg. for 6 months. The content in the future is inappropriate, as the costs for products for maintenance increase. Pigs go to the face. Only the strongest are left to receive offspring.
Breeding pigs as a business, a profitable business. I will remind you once again, the main thing is to have patience and to possess the knowledge we have set out.