Not everyone is now the ownerhorse, especially, why we need it in the city, it's another thing to have an animal outside the city where you can use it for work and rest. It's clear that sooner or later you will need to harness it in a wagon, a sleigh, and if for the first time in life you encounter this, then it will be very difficult to harness your horse. In order to know the sequence of horse harness you need to try it once more. Therefore, in this article we will try to give practical advice on the technique of harnessing the horse, also highlight the main components of the team, what kind of harness there is.
What is the harness, its components
Before you harness a horse, you need toto understand the concept of harness. So, harness or harness is a special device for directly harnessing a horse into any type of wagon. Consider the main components and components of any harness:
- The bridle is the main element of the harness, which servesto control the horse. In turn, the bridle has in itself such components: a bit (or a snaffle, which is inserted into the horse's mouth); rings of bits; occipital belt; two cheekbones, which help fix the snaffle in the horse's mouth; chin strap, due to which the bridle does not slip off the horse's head; a headband that does not let the bridle fall over the horse's neck.
- The second main component of the harness is a yoke,with the help of which the horse's traction is transmitted to the cart. Consists of: ticks; clamps; supony; (they connect the yoke with the shafts); tires; liners made of felt; gort (special strap that fixes the yoke); rings. It should be remembered that the yoke should not be too tight and squeeze the horse's neck.
- A saddle is a special harness that secures and supports the harness, and also transmits up to 15% more horse traction.
- A girth is a device to hold a saddle on the back of a horse.
- Another very important element of the harness is the helmet. Due to this component the clamp is held, it stands still and does not move out, for example, by very sudden braking or descent from the mountain. The helmet is essentially a set of belts that regulates, holds, locks the horse in a harness.
- A cross-dresser is a special belt thatpasses through the saddle, and also connects with the shaft. This belt supports the yoke, shafts, arches on the back of the horse and facilitates the transfer of traction from the animal to the harness. Also there is also a belt called the abdominal, which runs under the girth and is fixed to the shaft.
- If you are interested in harnessing horses, then you know about the reins in the first place. The reins are designed to control the horse.
- And the last component without which the harness is notcan exist is an arc. It connects the yoke and the shaft with the help of a horse. Also, the arc is designed to amortize, soften the impact of the wagon on the unevenness of the road, which is very good for a horse.
For more details, in the form of pictures, learn about the device of the team and the order of harnessing the horse, you can visit this resource
Having dealt with what the harness consists of, you can proceed to the very process of harnessing the horse into the wagon. Next, we will tell you how to properly harness the horse in a Russian single-sided arc harness.
The order of harnessing a horse in a cart
- To start harnessing the horse you need to inspect and cleananimal. It is also necessary to inspect all the components of the harness for integrity, to check for obvious damage if the hogs do not have the same length to equal them (because the harness will be crooked and this will significantly interfere with the movement of the wagon).
- After preparations for the harness, take it to a level platform and carry out all the harness.
- Take the abdominal and the lumbar spine, as thistwo belts that are sewn to the same ring with one end. Pass these belts, thus through the ring, so that you can form a loop, then put the loop on the shaft.
- After this, wear a collar, a bridle andsaddle. Do not forget to put the saddle so that it falls on the bottom of the withers. There is a very delicate balance here, because if you put the saddle right in front of the horse's wolf, then it will be high, if on the back - low. The yoke must be worn inverted (with ticks up). Wear on the head, then in the narrowest part of the horse's neck turn the yoke to the side, ticks already down. Do not forget to fix it so that the collar fits comfortably around the horse's neck.
- Next, put the glue on the withers and beginstraighten it, fasten all the buckles of the glue to the corresponding straps that are on the yoke. Customize the helmet in size, so that your palm can climb between the belt and the horse's thighs.
- Now take the horse out into the yard to get itin the shaft. At the moment, you can get a horse into a shaft in several ways: it's to get a horse through the shaft itself (this is when the horse steps over the pole well); put the horse in front of the shaft and start (this type is more suitable to compliant horses); and the last way, when you need to roll the very shaft on the horse (a way good for young yet timid horses).
- After planting, you need to take the arc, becomeface to horse. Arc to the right leg of the animal, then with your left free hand grab the ridge as the hog has the property of stretching, adjust it to the size you want, twisting several times.
- Then take the ridge and place it so that itwas a distance from the end of the shaft, approximately, one - two palms. Now you need to take the arc, hold it in front of you, and the ring should be from you. The left end of the arc you need to insert a loop in the loop, then shift the other end of the arc through the wall itself, again in front of the ridge and simultaneously turn the arc forward to put the shaft into the cutout of the arc (lay the arch over the neck of the horse).
- Now go to the second shaft, just the sameturn the arc with a notch to the shaft, take the ridge and lay it on the shaft and pull the loop over the arc (you can tighten it, resting it on the shaft, pull it towards you with ticks).
- After that tighten the yoke, you must wrapThe soup around the mites, the strap itself must be firmly tightened. Thus closed the mites and now notice that the arc should be perpendicular to the shafts.
- Then you have to tie the horse to the left shaft and pull the horse back one step, insert it into the yoke.
- After this, go to the horse's head, takean occasion and throw it around your neck, tie the tambour for one of the crooks so that the horse can straighten the neck. Strap the straps across the shafts so that the horses do not get confused under their feet.
- At the end, you fasten the reins to the bit, it's best to skip one of the reins under the ridge, and the other should be placed above the ridge.
In this way, you already know how to harness the horse. Good luck!