Taking a pet, the owners often find that theirthe kitten scratches and bites. To solve this problem, first of all, it is necessary to determine why the kitten is biting. If you accidentally stepped on the animal on the tail or scared it and got a bite in response, just take the pet in your arms and caress. This bite is a reaction to your actions.
Another thing if your kitten is scratched andbites while playing. In fact, he does not want you to do anything wrong, but simply does not understand what is hurting you. In addition, the habit of biting can arise if the owners allow the kitten to play with their own hands, because in this case, he perceives your fingers as a game and hunts them.
So, what to do if the kitten bites:
- Stop playing with the kitten with the handsand legs. Then the kitten will not associate your hands with prey and will not hunt them. To play with a kitten is best with the help of a stick with a brush.
- If the kitten has bitten your hand - do not pull it outher, because that's how the victim does when he tries to escape. In order to get rid of the bite, move your hand deep into the mouth. This behavior of the victim is unusual and the cat releases a hand.
- When you bite, you can just freeze - soon a kittenwill be uninteresting and he will release his hand. Best of all, while not moving the bitten hand, with the second hand to distract the kitten, concentrating his attention on something more interesting, for example, on a toy.
- In order to disaccustom the kitten to bite, you canuse loud sounds (for example, a can with a handful of coins or a whistle). When the kitten begins to bite to make a noise in his ear. Instead of a can or whistle, you can simply shout out loud "No!" Or hiss in response.
- Instead of a sharp sound, you can use water - keep the sprinkler on hand and, when your pet bites, just splash it with water. This method is suitable for deaf cats.
- During a bite, you can just blow the kitten into the muzzle. It will not hurt the baby, but it will be unpleasant for him and he will stop biting.
- In order to wean the kitten to bite, you can use the methods that the cat-mother uses-press it to the floor of the playful kitten and lightly flip it over the ears or pat on the scruff.
- The following method also works well: when the kitten bites, gently place the foot in his mouth instead of the fingers.
- If the kitten lies on its back, it embraces yourhand with the front paws, bites and beats back, freeze and with the other hand take the kitten behind the ears and guide the head so that it would press its hind paws on the chin. This will quickly bring your pet back to normal.
Choosing a method how to wean a kitten to bite, it is necessaryremember that in no case you can not beat him - by this you only embitter your pet and find contact with him will become much more difficult. Be patient and the result will not keep you waiting.