Sleep is an important part of goodstate of health. Your sleep is largely due to what you sleep on, and to a greater extent a pillow. It will provide your spine with relaxation, thanks to which the sleep will be strong and healthy. About how to choose a pillow, we will tell in this article.
The choice of a pillow is individual, therefore it is not necessary to all members of family to buy identical pillows. When choosing a pillow for sleep, be sure to consider in which position the person sleeps more:
- on the back - use low pillows, they will allow your neck to relax.
- on the side - use high pillows, they will be able to support your neck and head so that they straight line continue the spine, which will allow him to rest.
- on the abdomen - you need a low pillow that will prevent the tension of the neck muscles.
Pillows have the following characteristics:
- Form: you can choose a classic or orthopedic pillow. On how to choose the right orthopedic pillow, it is written below.
- The sizes of a pillow happen various - their choice is individual.
- Filler, it depends on it softnesspillows. There are natural and synthetic fillers. If you like feather and down pillows, then notice the presence on them of the sign "NOMITE", which means that natural fibers are hypoallergenic. Of natural fillers, the cheapest is cotton wool. The massage effect is provided by pillows filled with buckwheat husk, also they perfectly repeat the contours of the body. Synthetic fillers include polyester, koforel, sintepon, holofayber and others.
Tips: How to choose a pillow for sleep
- When choosing a pillow, be sure to consider the structure of a person. For people with broad shoulders who like to sleep on their sides, you need a higher pillow.
- Consider the softness of your mattress: stiffer mattress - higher pillow.
- Choose pillows from hypoallergenic materials.
- The length of the pillow should not exceed the width of the mattress.
It is also necessary to properly use the pillow: beat the pillow in the morning, do not refill the bed at once - let it cool down, dry regularly and ventilate the pillow outdoors, the synthetic pillows are advised to be washed.
How to choose an orthopedic pillow
Orthopedic pillows are pillowsergonomic shape with one or two rollers to support the neck. The classic pillow shape is more familiar to people, but not more useful. However, it is necessary to get used to the orthopedic pillow, after a few days after the beginning of use, you will never want to sleep on a regular pillow.
Dimensions of the orthopedic pillow are chosen in the same way as the classical dimensions, pay special attention to the width of the shoulder - it should correspond to the height of the cushion pillow.
Materials orthopedic pillows are very diverse, here are the main:
- Latex is durable, the pillows from it are easily erased, do not cause allergies. If the pillow was high for you, then you can cut the bottom layer, fitting it under yourself.
- Viscoelastic foam is used as a materialfor cushions «with memory» - under the influence of heat and pressure they are adjusted to the shape of your body. Pillows of this material should not be washed.
- Polyester fills a pillow in the form of balls,lubricated with silicone. Thanks to this composition, the pillow quickly takes on the anatomical shape of your body when you change your sleep posture. You can independently adjust the size of such a pillow. Want to make it lower - remove a pillow from the pillow. Polyester pillows are durable, anti-allergic, easily washable.
How to choose a pillow for a child
For newborns, instead of a pillow, you canuse a folded blanket, put under the mattress, so that the surface is flat, and the head of the baby is slightly elevated. When a child grows up, he needs to pick up a personal pillow. The main thing is that it corresponds to the child in height, and was hypoallergenic.
Natural materials are more recommended, soas they are better than synthetic stores heat and prevent sweating. However, synthetic materials are the safest in terms of allergy, such pillows are easy to wash. An increasing preference is given to pillows with buckwheat husk. In addition to the massage effect and anatomical properties, they make rustling sounds, which often calms children. You can also choose a pediatric orthopedic pillow.
You learned how to choose the right pillow. Remember that you should not save on a pillow, because it is the pledge of your healthy sleep.