The common cold is familiar to many: temperature, weakness, cough, runny nose - the standard symptoms that the patient experiences for several days. But it happens, when those or other symptoms last longer than usual, passing in the future to a chronic condition. So a chronic rhinitis (rhinitis) can arise - a separate pathology in the body. In this case, a separate competent treatment for chronic rhinitis is required.
This disease is treated with a set of specialprocedures and appropriate medications, which are prescribed by the attending physician. For example, the modern preparation IRS 19 can be used to treat the disease. It is suitable for children (starting from 3 months) and adults. The medicine can be used for the prevention of chronic bronchial and airway diseases, the treatment of chronic and acute respiratory diseases, during the recovery period and before the operation.
Chronic rhinitis: types
- Catarrhal. A common cold that develops from acute and due to the influence of viral infections.
- Allergic. It is one of the most popular, can occur daily due to the influence of the allergen.
- Atrophic. Causes seals and crusts in the nose. Mucous discharge is characterized by density, viscosity and unpleasant odor. It can develop into a fetid runny nose.
- Hypertrophic. It arises because of inflammation of the nasal mucosa, is severely treated, can provoke complications - an increase in bone tissue.
Causes of chronic cold development
- Respiratory diseases in the off-season - the most frequentcause of rhinitis. A person with strong immunity copes well with such ailments, but if the health is not good enough, chronic pathology can arise.
- Inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx: tonsillitis, sinusitis, adenoids.
- Long-term effects of bacteria and viruses.
- Regular occurrence of the common cold.
- Predisposition to allergies - hereditary or acquired.
- Anatomic features of the structure of the nasopharynx, for example, curvature of the nasal septum.
- Frequent hypothermia, the effect of harmful vapors, dust, odors.
- Various pathologies in the body thatnegatively affect the general condition of the body and contribute to the development of individual ailments. Particularly affected by such diseases: bronchial asthma, sinusitis, pollinosis, chronic tonsillitis.
- Postponed surgical operations.
Chronic rhinitis: symptomatology
In general, chronic rhinitis worries the patient throughout the year, but during the period of illness there are also exacerbations and remissions. The main symptoms of rhinitis include the following:
- Nasal congestion, shortness of nasal breathing;
- Mucous and purulent discharge from the nasal passages, discharge with blood;
- General poor health;
- Dry mouth;
- Increasing the temperature to 37 degrees and keeping it for a long time during the exacerbation.
The children are particularly affected by rhinitis: it is more difficult for them to breathe with a stuffy nose, often there is a pain in the throat and cough, in the acute cases there is stenosis of the larynx - a complication worsening the patency of the airways.
The periods of remission are accompanied by the appearance of drycrusts, which make it difficult for normal breathing. As a result of prolonged rhinitis, polyps develop in the nose, which cover the nasal lumen and make treatment difficult. This can lead to the development of sinusitis - inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. If the appropriate measures are not taken in time, the complications continue to develop and can lead to inflammatory processes in the brain. Therefore, the runny nose should be treated timely and efficiently.
Treatment of chronic colds
First put an accurate diagnosis, identify the typea cold and the reason for which it arose. It depends on this, what procedures and medicines will be used for treatment. Treatment is carried out at any period of the course of the disease, including in the process of remission. The following methods and tools are used:
- Vasoconstrictive and hormonal drugs;
- Antibacterial and antiviral agents;
- Strengthening immunity;
- In case of an allergic reaction, elimination of provoking factors;
- Physiotherapy and climatotherapy.
As a result of treatment it is necessary to achievefollowing results: decrease in the number of pathogens and microbes, elimination of symptoms and complications, restoration of respiration, local and general immunity, cessation of secretions and inhibition of inflammation.