The discoveries that changed the course of history always causethe most lively interest and almost awe of the greatness of human thought. What is now common to us, once was considered nothing more than a fantasy, and sometimes a delirium of a mentally ill person. He admires how genius the inventor went against the public opinion, in order to make life more comfortable in consequence, regardless of any obstacles. Today's streets of cities are crowded with cars of different brands and models. But such a picture could not be routine until the middle of the 18th century, because even the concept of such transport did not exist. Therefore, it will be interesting to learn about the first car.
- The car history reference point can beconsider the creation of steam stagecoaches having automatic action. The mechanic who collected this miracle of technology, was a Russian II Polzunov. According to his drawings, a wagon was later built, which was neither in size nor in weight inferior to modern trucks. Yes, and its purpose was appropriate: transportation of artillery.
- The carriage had three wheels, one of which was located in front, was the leading and steering. We added the weights also water and fuel required for the movement.
- The very first car moved very slowly, because the driver needed not so much to monitor the control of transport, how much behind the boiler with the furnace, while maintaining in it a sufficient level of combustion.
- In order to cope with the steering wheel, we needed the power of two people.
The appearance of a gasoline engine
The next important step was the inventionthe petrol engine. You can not attribute this achievement to any one person, since all the developments were built on the tests of many researchers. One can only talk about some advanced personalities, such as Karl Benz, Gottlieb Daimler. Soon was also patented the internal combustion engine, which became a real breakthrough in the automotive industry. The first car in the world, designed by Benz, was designed to move two people on it, had three tall wheels with spokes. Subsequently, the designer has attached to this design a newly invented gasoline engine with water cooling. The power of the car was 0.9 horsepower.
Principle of operation of the first car
The principle of the car was as follows:
- Above the axis of the outer rear wheels was attached a cylinder, driving them through one belt and two chain drives.
- Under the engine in the horizontal position was a flywheel connected to the crankshaft, the main function of which was to provide a uniform rotation for starting the motor.
- The galvanic battery was electrically ignited. The difference from the prototypes of the machine - wooden trolleys - this car had a frame, consisting of welded together metal tubes.
That's how the first steam engine gave impetus tofurther development of the automobile industry. In an effort to improve to achieve comfort, the inventors could not afford to leave without developing such a wonderful idea of the rapid movement of a person. It is important that by united efforts, thanks to separate brilliant thoughts, a modern car was created, which became an irreplaceable object of our reality.