The number zero is expressed by the number 0. The name of this number came from the Latin word "nullus", which can be translated as "no". Zero or zero, as it is sometimes called, is an integer that separates negative and positive numbers. To date, there are different opinions about the involvement of zero to natural numbers: some scientists consider 0 as a natural number, others do not. What is the number 0? The domestic school program does not include 0 to natural numbers, despite the fact that this somewhat complicates some formulations. So, for example, because of this, it is necessary to distinguish between division and the remainder.
Zero and its properties
- Any number does not change when added to 0. The natural number also does not change when subtracting zero from it.
- Multiplication of a number by 0 gives 0.
- Zero has no "+" or "-" sign.
- 0 is an even number, since when it divides by 2, an integer is obtained.
- 0 can be divided into all real numbers. The result of this division is 0. Only the expression 0/0 can be considered an exception, which leads to uncertainty.
- For zero, there is no inverse number among complex numbers.
These are the basic properties of a given number. Now you know what zero is, and what properties a given natural number has.