Watch the video
Dishwashers have long been the samean integral part of kitchen appliances, such as a refrigerator or microwave oven. Using a dishwasher can significantly save time, as well as water consumption compared to manual washing dishes. For those who plan to buy a dishwasher or those who have already purchased it, but do not know how to connect it, we will tell you how to install a dishwasher yourself without calling a specialist on the house.
Choose a place for a dishwasher
Before buying such a large equipment,it is necessary to calculate the size of your future dishwasher. Many kitchen headsets have a special place for a dishwasher, in which even fastenings for it are installed in advance. All you need to do is measure with tape measure the height, width and depth of the corresponding compartment and go with them to the hardware store already.
To properly install a dishwasher, you need to set up three systems:
- Water supply system;
- Drainage system;
- Power supply system.
How to fix the outflow of water
Before installing, the dishwasher must be connected to the sewer and the water supply. It is better to start by adjusting the outflow of water from the machine.
In the complete set with the dishwasher always goSpecial hoses for supplying water from the shut-off water tap at the entrance to the house or apartment and for draining water from the sewer to the sewer. These hoses may be too short. In this case, you will need to purchase the hoses of the desired length for you. To connect, follow these steps:
- Connect the flexible water drain hose to the water outlet on the siphon under the sink.
- The outlet of the flexible hose from the dishwasherthe machine must be at least half a meter higher from the point where the second end of the hose will be connected to the sewer. This will ensure an arbitrary drainage of water into the sewer.
- To unpleasant smells from the sewer do not leak into the apartment through the drain hose of the dishwasher, it is necessary to make sure that the bend of the pipe is as short as possible.
How to connect the water supply
For work we will need:
- set of adjustable keys;
- FSM tape.
In addition, you may also need to buy and connect a special water faucet-tee to connect household appliances.
Since the water in many houses is too hard andcan damage the used household appliances, we also recommend the purchase of a special filter for deep water treatment, which will significantly extend the life of your dishwasher.
- Shut off the water supply to the house.
- Install the filter on the water outlet on the dishwasher.
- If you purchased an additional filter for deep water purification, it should be installed in front of the tee valve.
- It is recommended to connect to the dishwasher the supply of cold water, not hot water.
- Connect the flexible hose to the free hole of the tee. In this case, thread the FUM-tape in several layers.
Connecting the power supply to the dishwashermachine is not a difficult matter, since the machine is powered by a normal household outlet. Problems arise when there is no special outlet under the dishwasher in the kitchen. Since the dishwasher is an electrical appliance of high power, it can not be connected through any extension cords and tees. If you have not previously provided a dishwasher outlet in the kitchen, you will have to hold it.
It should be remembered that the outlet is requiredmust be connected to the mains by a three-wire cable. In addition, for safety reasons it will be better if you use a safety switch for emergency shutdown of the machine from the network. Read more about this in the article How to connect a dishwasher.