Probably, every motorist has a momentin practice, when he himself or the master of the SRT asks this question: why is the machine heated? An overheated engine is a big problem for the car and your wallet. So, the most well-known cases when the machine is heated:
- Malfunction of thermostat. Clogging the valve assembly leads to the fact that the coolant "chases" through a small circle of circulation, not having time to cool the engine.
- Insufficient amount of liquid in the cooling system (water, antifreeze, antifreeze). Perhaps due to defects in the nozzles, cracks in the radiator, destruction of the pump parts.
- Poor air cooling efficiency of the radiator. Causes: clogged radiator, weak functionality of the fan drive, a malfunction of the sensor of the electric drive of the fan.
- Continuous operation of the engine in atypical conditions. It's downtime in traffic jams, long lifts of a loaded car at low speeds. In this case, the fan's own power is not enough, and the oncoming airflow is absent, as a result of which cooling does not occur, and that's why the machine heats.
- Incorrect adjustment of the ignition system andinjection - the end of burning of fuel is displaced by the moment of release of the fulfilled gases. There is a perceptible increase in the temperature of the exhaust gases, and the engine receives half of the heat from the exhaust system.
- It should be noted the case when the motor is heated. This is work on the run-in mode after overhaul (about 2-4 thousand km of run). Here it is necessary to closely monitor the sensors and not overload the motor more than the normal running-in rate.
To sum up, remember, the car is a complicatedmechanism. And the mechanisms like maintenance and constant monitoring, so if the machine gets warm, do not leave it without attention. In time, identify the cause and eliminate it.