Watch the video
One of the most relevant and practical modernmodes of transport - it's a bicycle. Someone may be surprised, but this is not only an environmentally friendly and healthy form of transport, but at times the fastest in urban conditions. It's not for nothing that this vehicle every year more and more captures the megacities of the whole world. If you are curious to find out how fast you could go, read the article What speed does a bicycle have.
Today, there is a huge number ofmodels in a variety of price categories. But if you do not want to overpay for the brand, but at the same time get a quality bike, and for one thing and understand its device, read this article.
How to choose the details
So, let's deal with the details that we will need:
- The first thing you need to decide is whether you needrear shock-absorber. Its presence will positively affect the comfort, but there will be a few "extinguish the speed", that is, when you press the pedal part of the effort will go to the shock absorber.
- The frame is the base of the bicycle. At first glance, this is not the most important, since different bushings, drums, brakes and cassettes seem more complicated and significant, but without a bicycle frame there will not be any. The frame determines not only lightness and strength, but also affects ride comfort.
- A very important factor for the frame is its size, which depends on your height. Universal frames are considered 28-30 inches, but it is better to proceed from growth.
- Steel frames are very strong and durable, butit is worth considering that with such a frame for every walk you will have to carry an extra ten pounds, or even more. You may think that this is only for the best, but believe me, you will have enough loads and with an aluminum frame. In addition, the strength and durability, with accurate operation and adequate loads, aluminum frame is slightly smaller.
- The steering wheel and seat should be chosen, as from theconvenience, and from the diameter of the hole on the frame under the verb (pin). It is desirable that there was a stock of height, for lifting the seat and steering. Convenient steering wheel with soft handles and comfortable sitting in the right position are capable of unspeakably increasing the quality of the ride and the level of pleasure from the trips.
- It is better to choose a plug with a shock absorber. The simplest shock absorbers do not have settings, but they have medium rigidity and are quite suitable for comfortable driving. More expensive models can be customized for themselves, increasing or decreasing stiffness.
- But the rim is better to take reinforced. For riding on bicycle paths there will be enough and usual, but as a rule, there, then there are obstacles: you need to call on the curb, pit on the road, the root of the tree in the park, etc. As a result, planting the G8 on the wheel is not a difficult task. And this is not only
Aesthetic defect, since the figure-eight will affecton the operation of the brakes, and if the "eight" is strong, then on the ride comfort. But of course the choice is yours. Simple not strengthened rims can serve as faith and truth for a long time.
- The wheels are much easier to assemble as it takes a lot of experience to assemble them yourself.
- It should immediately provide for what kind of brakes youwill put. For the disk you need a special bushing, and for V-brake (crab) - you need a standard rim, for disc brakes make special rims that are not suitable for V-brake, although the disc can be put on any rim.
- Brakes are also a matter of taste. In professional cycling, of course, use disc brakes with fine tuning. But for everyday driving the usual "crabs" are quite appropriate, besides they are not so fastidious at the "eight" and do not require such regular adjustment. Erasers are not so expensive and not so quickly erased. Choose an option more expensive, so that you do not pursue a constant whistling when braking, then everything will be in order.
- Cassettes (asterisks) - also recommend steel, although not expensive
variants of softer alloys servelong enough and do not cause any inconvenience. It is necessary to determine the choice of the switching mechanism. If you plan to take the simplest mechanisms, they usually are designed for 6 - 7 rear asterisks, higher level - 8, and professional usually only 9 stars.
- The mechanism of switching of speeds. It's better to go to famous brands such as Shimano, and just choose a category from tourney to XTR and Deore Saint. If the first is the cheapest gear that is not suitable for regular driving, although in practice they usually serve for a very long time, the second two are professional sports equipment of the highest level. Between them there are six classes from the cheapest to the expensive, respectively: Altus, Acera, Alivio, Deore, SLX and Deore XT of them and should make a choice. This is good quality and not too high price. Tourney will also serve his term, in addition, after you assemble your bike yourself, replace part
hinges if desired will not be a problem. Do not forget about your frame and pick up a piece of the corresponding diameter.
- Chain - choose the model of the speed switch.
- We separately acquire four cables: two for brakes and two for speeds. We choose for our equipment. And do not forget about the brake pads and speed switches, we take the coins for the model of the switches.
- The carriage and connecting rods must be selected under their frame, just look or measure the size of the caliper.
- Pedals are also better to take metal, plastic can easily be broken, and cheap plastic will break and without your help. The drum is especially not worth taking the cheapest.
- It remains only to acquire wings, a pump, a set of bicycle keys and collect all this together.
How to assemble a bicycle
The choice of parts for a bicycle is not presentedonly different brands, but also different configurations, the assembly and installation of which may differ significantly. The following instructions are common to all bicycle models. And in order to install a certain detail, you need to study the instruction for its assembly and installation.
- So, first put the seat and steering wheel. With new fasteners they do not even have to be screwed on, it's enough to pinch the lever and everything is ready.
- Now turn the bike upside down, putting it on the steering wheel and the seat.
- We put the carriage, it is for sale in collection. We sit on it bearing and put it in its place "in a glass".
- We put equipment for switching speeds. It simply mounts on the frame next to the front asterisk.
- We put forward asterisks on the carriage plug and fix special
connection. On top of the protection against getting into an asterisk of clothes and dirt.
- Lastly, put the pedals and screw.
- The rear sprocket is put on the rear wheel bushing and tightened.
- After that, we set the wheels, they are simply put into the pass and fixed with one click.
- When everything is ready, put on the chain. First, we put it on the front sprocket, and then pull up the equipment for switching the speeds and, passing the chain through the auxiliary sprocket, put on the back. The chain is in place.
- Do not forget to put all the necessary bearings and lubricate with the appropriate lubricant.
Now everything in the collection, it remains only to configure the equipment. To learn how to do this, read the article How to set up a bicycle.
If you need to disassemble a bicycle, then the article How to dismantle a bicycle can be useful.