Watch the video
Virtually every beginning artist wants to be able to create portraits. It's so cool to be able to draw your loved ones and relatives! Let's talk about how you can draw a person.
How to draw a portrait of a man in stages
Drawing portraits is not easy. To begin with, you can practice copying photos, then try to draw from nature. For the first experiment, select a photo where the face is located in full face or half-turned. The selected person should not have complicating details: complex hairstyle, glasses, beard, mustache, a lot of wrinkles or scars. Let it be a young face with a simple hairdo, for example, you can draw a portrait of a girl with her hair loose or with a tail.
Learn to draw portraits better pencil, because pencil technology - this is the basis of fine art.
- Take a well-ground soft pencil, a sheet of paper and an eraser.
- In the middle of the sheet, draw a vertical line - the axis of symmetry. Parts of the face will need to be arranged symmetrically about this line.
- Draw an oval face. This is a very important part of your portrait, so try to draw an oval face as accurately as possible. If necessary, use an eraser. Keep in mind that the outline was symmetrical.
- Spend also auxiliary horizontallines - mark the line of hair growth, eyebrows, middle line of eyes, passing in the middle of the pupil, the line of the tip of the nose and lips. Sometimes novice artists make the mistake of drawing the eye line too high, at the forehead level. This is wrong - the eye line should be located strictly in the middle.
- Each person is individually, but one must rememberbasic proportions: the width of the eye is 1/5 of the width of the entire face, the distance between the eyes is equal to the width of one eye, the nose line is located in the middle between the eye line and the tip of the chin, and the lip line is respectively halfway between the last two lines. Naturally, there are people who have a very long nose or very large eyes - this also needs to be taken into account when drawing.
- Draw out the contours of the eyes, the pupils, the contour of the lips and nose. Mark the eyebrows in the form of curved lines, sketch out the hair.
- Begin painting the details of the face. Pay attention to chiaroscuro - those parts of the faces that protrude forward will be lighter; In the folds of the face, draw a shadow. Shadows are represented by hatching. Draw the hair with soft strokes, then blend a little.
- Erase the auxiliary lines, and your portrait will be ready!
Article How to draw a portrait of a girl will help you understand how to create a portrait of a girl in stages. Also, look in the Portrait section - there you will find many instructions for creating different portraits.