Microsoft Word for today istext editor, popular with millions of PC users. Working with it with each new version becomes more convenient and accessible, but not all users are familiar with its various capabilities. For example, a document can be decorated with various frames. In this article, we'll show you how to create frames in Word 2013.
How to insert a simple frame in Word 2013
First of all, we need the Word 2013 document with the text you need, in which you want to make changes. Once it is open, you can proceed to action.
In the top menu, you should find a tab called "Design" and go into it.
- In the upper right corner of the tab, you will see the item"Borders pages", when you click on which opens the "Borders and Fills" window with many different settings. But first you need to learn how to make a simple frame for all the text on the page.
- In the Borders and Fills window, select the "Page" section.
- In this section, select the "frame" icon, and in the "Apply to" box set the value to "the whole document".
- After that, for the changes to take effect, click "OK".
This creates a normal stroke for the entire page of the document, but there is also the possibility of creating beautiful color frames, which we will discuss further.
How to make a beautiful frame in Word 2013
Now you can try to create a color stroke for the paragraph. To do this, follow the instructions:
- After opening the document with the text, again enter the "Design" tab.
- Place the cursor on the desired paragraph, which you are going to beautifully arrange.
- In the "Borders and Fills" window that we know, which opens, select "Border".
- In the "Apply to", which is displayed in the right corner, this time you need to set the value to "paragraph".
In the section you will see the "frame" icon, for which you should select the options at your discretion.
- Select the icon under the "Type" menu: it can be a straight line, a dotted line of different views, and so on.
- Then choose the color you want in the "Color" menu. By the way, it has both "Standard Colors" and "Other Colors" - according to your desire.
- Under the "Color" menu, you will see the "Width" section, in which you need to set the required size.
- Please note that in the window with which youwork, all your actions are displayed on the right side. In this way, you can set the parameters and immediately see the result. If it does not suit you, change the values and colors until you find the right option.
- After all the manipulations, click on "OK" for the changes to take effect. Now, the frame for the paragraph of the corresponding color and size appears in place of the cursor.
You may need to make a frame not onlyfor one paragraph, but for several. In this case, you should select the necessary piece of text, select the "Design" tab again, go to the "Borders and Fills" window and select the "Border" item. Then we proceed the same way: select the "frame" icon, set the type, color and width for the stroke, then click on the "OK" button. In this case, the frame will frame the piece of text that you have selected.
You will also be interested in our articles on the topic:
- How to make a frame in Word
- How to remove a frame from the Word
- How to draw in Word