Mounting is a video recordingwhich sequence of the footage coincides with the sequence of the assembly frames of the finished product. This technique helps to bring the product to the final stage faster and avoid installation, which is very important, for example, for news coverage and news, where everything is aimed at efficiency.
Let's figure out how to shoot the editing, so that later we have to do video editing in the shortest possible time or not at all.
Before proceeding with the shooting, several points must be considered:
- When the operator begins to fix the first frames on the camera, he must clearly imagine what he should end up with, so before the shooting begins he must think over the plot.
- During the shoot, you should stick to the script.
- Do interruptions and transitional shots. In this case, you do not need to use fades and crossovers to move one frame to another. This advice is especially applicable when shooting a reportage.
- The end of one captured element must coincide with the beginning of the other.
- It is also necessary to shoot a scene from severalperspectives. Then the editor will be able to choose the kind that most suits to this or that moment. In addition, it is important not to forget about the large, medium and general plans.
- If the operator sees that the scene has failed, then in this case you can make a double (and sometimes not one), and then choose the best option.
- The editor will be much easier to perform hiswork, if you, by shooting any interview, will record the names and positions of people you work with. Then, during installation, the employee will add this information.
- During shooting, all frames should be finished (that is, you can not break off the speaker in the middle of the sentence).
- Also worth as much as possible to shoot B-Roll (a short video containing additional information). Without this part, the shots will not be so good and connected.
- Many experts recommend starting and ending the shooting with a general plan, the frames should be connected by different intraframe techniques.
If you are interested in the process of shooting movies, then read the article How to make a movie, which describes in detail all the stages of work.