In recent years, the inhabitants of our country have becomemore often travel to exotic countries in search of inspiration and new impressions. One of the popular tourist destinations is Sri Lanka - an original state located on a relatively small island in the Indian Ocean. Here come as lovers of spa holidays, and fans of mountain tourism. There are many here and those who are interested in Buddhism. And also those who come to see local sights and want to get to know the life of the local population. You can get there only by plane. About how to fly to Sri Lanka, we'll tell in this article.
At the moment, from Moscow to Colombo directflight can be reached only on Transaero flights weekly, on Tuesdays. Flight number UN 9541, the journey time is 8 hours 30 minutes. Departure at 21:25 from Domodedovo, arrival at 08:30 in Bandaranaike is the only airport in Sri Lanka, in Colombo.
If such time and date of departure do notyou can choose one of the many flights with transfers. The fastest flights to Sri Lanka are flights from Etihad and Quatar. The duration of the flight is 10 hours and 45 minutes. In both cases, you will need to make one transfer at Doha Airport (Qatar). However, such a flight is also the most expensive.
Also with one transfer it is possible to fly twice as cheaply. However, the flight time in this case will increase more than 2 times and will be at least 22 hours.
From other cities
From other major cities of Russia, you can also fly to Sri Lanka, but only with transplants:
- From St. Petersburg, the fastest flight to Sri Lanka by an Emirates airplane takes 13 hours and 25 minutes. Transplant in Dubai.
- From Kaliningrad: it will be necessary to make at least 2 transplants. The flight time is from 14 hours 40 minutes to 19 hours 30 minutes.
- From Vladivostok, you can fly with 1 transfer in Hong Kong or Seoul. The minimum duration of such a flight is 15 hours 25 minutes.
- From Kazan you can fly for 12 hours 15 minutes with 1 change in Dubai.
- From Rostov-on-Don for 14 hours 5 minutes with one change, for 19 hours 55 minutes with two.
To make a choice for your next trip to one of the eastern countries, read the article What countries in Asia.