Oyacodone is a kind of traditional JapaneseDonburi, a round bowl of rice, supplemented with various ingredients, from a piece of pork or beef to eel. According to the sources, the oyacodon was invented in Osaka around 1900, throwing pieces of chicken with spring onions and filling them with eggs.
The name of the dish, by the way, literally means in Japanese "mother and child"
Of course, because the mother (the chicken) is preparing with the baby (egg), and not because this dish for breakfast expressed the care and love of the mother for her children.
- Onions: 1 head
- Chicken fillet: 300 g
- Rice: ½ cup
- Egg of chicken: 3 pcs.
- Soy sauce: 6 tbsp. spoons
- Sugar: 2 tbsp. spoons
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- Onion peel and cut into thin half rings. On medium heat, heat the frying pan and pour into it six tablespoons of soy sauce.
- As soon as the soy sauce starts to boil, throw the onion half rings into the frying pan and sprinkle sugar on top. Cook, stirring occasionally, two or three minutes.
- Meanwhile, chicken fillet cut into small pieces - do not need to crush meat, ready-made slices should remain juicy and dense.
- Put the chicken in a frying pan and mix with the sauce. When the meat is white on one side, turn over carefully the slices and extinguish a couple more minutes. Chicken fillet is cooked surprisingly fast: a maximum of three to four minutes.
- In a separate bowl, fork or whisk quickly beat the eggs in a homogeneous mixture. Add salt while not necessary - soy sauce, in which meat is stewed, and so enough salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into a frying pan, trying evenly to cover all the meat. Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook the omelet for three or four minutes, without interfering, until the eggs are properly seized.
- Chop the green onions. On a serving plate lay a warm rice, boiled in a couple of slides.
- On top of the rice, carefully lay out the omelette - for convenience it can be divided into a triangular segment with a spatula. Sprinkle oyacodon with chopped green onion - and serve hot.
Enjoying the video of cooking