Think about turning your laptop into afree Wi-Fi hotspot and distribute the already existing Internet without buying expensive Wi-Fi routers? Or, finally, stop recognizing passwords from neighbors? Then this instruction is what you need. Before you create a Wi-Fi network on your laptop, you must first connect and configure it. Read more about this in the articles How to connect Wi-Fi on a laptop and How to configure Wi-Fi on a laptop.
First step. Preparation
- Open the network management center.
- In the window that opens, we find the line "change the sharing settings".
- We open it and prohibit in it everything that relates to the common Internet.
The second step. Creating a wireless connection
- Clicking on the designation of the "Network Management Center" located on the taskbar, open it.
- Next, select the setting for the new connection.
- We find the setting of the computer-to-computer network and choose "Next".
- The next window is also skipped.
- We stop when you need to specify a name for the new network.
- We write the name, and leave everything else unchanged and press "Next".
- After the notification appears that the network is created, we return to the "Network Management Center" again.
- While in it, go to the "Wireless Network Management", in which we look that as a result of all our manipulations we have a new network.
- Then, right-clicking on it, select "Properties" from the list.
- We go into them and make sure that there is no encryption.
The third step. Creating a Network Bridge
- Go to the "Network Management Center" and open the "Change adapter settings" tab, located on the left side.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and select "Connect via wireless network" and over the local network.
- We click on any of them and choose the bridge setting.
- We are waiting for the completion of the procedure for creating the bridge. (There will be visual confirmation).
- Important! During or after the creation of the bridge, a window will appear where you are prompted to select the location of the network.
- Reference! A bridge is needed to transfer the Internet from the cable to a new wireless network.
- We choose a network for the house.
The fourth step. Network connection
- Open the list of wireless networks and connect the created network by clicking "Connect".
- Next, we connect to the created Wi-Fi access point from another laptop, phone or netbook, having previously updated the list of networks that are available.
- Reference. If there are problems with creating a network bridge, we check if the Internet is not shared.
Private network created. To disable Wi-Fi on the laptop, use the item 4.1, just click "Disconnect". It remains only to learn how to create a network between laptops.