Sometimes there is a need to turn offcomputer in unusual ways, for example, without using the mouse or touchpad (in case of their breakdown). If you just unplug the device from the power, you can lose the files you need. Let's look at safe ways to shut down the computer.
Button on the system unit
To turn off the computer, it is necessary to press the shutdown button on the computer's system unit, after saving all the data.
Switch off using the keyboard
If you need to turn off the computer without using the mouse, you should do the following:
- Click on the "Win" button (located between Ctrl and Alt) and bring up the "Start" menu.
- Use the arrows to select "Shutdown" and press "Enter". After that, the system will turn off.
You can also turn off the computer with Task Manager. To do this, press Alt + Ctrl + Del. Select the appropriate line in the menu that opens.
To turn off the computer through the command line, you need to do the following:
- Go to the "Start" menu and select the "Standard" tab.
- In the window that opens, find the "Command line" item and open it.
- In the Command Prompt window, type shutdown /? and press Enter.
- All the parameters of this application will open in front of us. To turn off the computer, you must use several parameters:
- s - shutting down the computer;
- t is the time at which the computer turns off (in seconds);
- a - cancellation of work.
If you need to shut down the computer after a time, you should enter shutdown - s - t 7200 (2 hours in seconds).
The same can be entered on the command line, which can be opened with Win + r.
Other options for turning off the computer using the keyboard, see How to turn off the computer from the keyboard.
If necessary, turn off automaticallya computer can use special programs. For example, you can take the program PowerOff. It must be downloaded from softportal.com and installed on a personal computer. After installation, the icon will appear in the upper corner. Next, you must select the appropriate response time, specifying the exact time.
Automatically shut down your computer withoutinstallation of additional applications. For example, if you listen to music in the Aimp player, then among its many functions there is "Auto shutdown computer". You need to choose the appropriate option (turn off on time, after the end of playing files) and click "Apply".
If you did not find a suitable option for shutting down your computer with the Windows7 operating system, read the article in Windows 7: How to turn off.
The laptop also has its own shutdown options, which are described in the article How to turn off the laptop.