You can split a hard drive on a computer byseveral parts, i.e. from one create several hard drives. Partitioning a hard disk is called a logical markup. A divided drive is called a volume.
Such a markup is needed to make it convenientkeep information. For example, many users of OPs are on the same disk, usually called the C drive, and all personal information, such as photos, video, documents, on the other - on the disk D. Generally, you can divide the hard disk into an unlimited number of parts.
How to split a hard drive
You can make logical partitioning of a disk in several ways.
Windows Standard Tools
Windows has a standard change toolpartitions, it's called Disk Management. The features of this program vary depending on the version of Windows, but the meaning and principle of it remain unchanged. By the way, exceptions are only Windows XP. Its capabilities are limited - it is possible only to format and change the name of the hard drive. In all other versions of Windows, you can split the hard drive.
- So, to create hard disk partitions, right-click on "Computer", then select "Management".
- In the new window, select "Disk Management".
- Next, go to the "Start" (bottom left corner), click "Run."
- We enter in the window that opens "diskmgmt.msc" and presses "Ok".
- The "Disk Management" program opens.which we can perform the necessary operations with the hard disk. It will be given a choice of several options - "" Divide the volume, "" Delete the volume, "" "Change the drive letter" ". Simply select the desired item and click "OK".
Program Partition Magic 8.0
Also, you can split a hard disk into two or moreusing additional programs. Now we will talk about the program Partition Magic 8.0. It is a powerful tool for breaking the hard drive into parts and further working with them. Its main advantage is that it works with almost all popular file systems.
By clicking on the link, you will be able to download Partition Magic 8.0. So, now we'll tell you how to use Partition Magic 8.0 to split a hard drive.
- Open the program.
- Select the disk that you want to share.
- Click on the "Create logical disk" item on the right side of the menu.
- Next, select the desired partition type, volume name, etc.
Working with hard disks, you may need the information that is given in the article How to split a disk
Sometimes it is necessary to completely clean the hard disk of the information, you can do it by reading the article How to format a hard disk