Spam is the distribution of unwanted advertisingmessages or other information. This newsletter is very persistent, the number of messages per day can be quite large, and getting rid of spam is not easy. In the world's mail traffic, the amount of spam reaches by various estimates from 80 to 95 percent!
Initially, the word "spam" was used forrelation to the e-mail distribution. But today spammers have gone much further: spam is sent not only to e-mail boxes, but also to mobile phone numbers in the form of SMS messages and in social networks. He appears on blogs, on forums, on bulletin boards, in short, wherever there is user activity.
Not only will you spend a lot of time,looking for spam messages among the trash you need. If you risk opening a message, your computer can be seriously harmed: a malicious program may be hidden in the body of the message.
How to get rid of spam? There are several general recommendations that will help you guard against unwanted messages.
How to get rid of spam? Email
- Filter. Today on all mail hosting you will find the option of filtering. You need to enter certain addresses, often repeating phrases. The next time such a letter will be sorted into a special folder marked "spam."
- Report spam. On all mail servers there is such function. Select an unwanted destination, and it will automatically be blacklisted.
- Conspiracy. Try not to "shine" your e-mail where you do not get. If you are an active user, it is quite difficult. Better send your email address to individual users in private messages. You can also submit your address publicly as a picture. This can be done in any graphics editor.
- Do not read the letters. If you open the letter, it becomes clear that the mailbox is actively used, accordingly the amount of spam sent will increase many times. If you see a suspicious letter, it's better to remove it without opening it.
How to get rid of spam? SMS messages
- If you yourself subscribed to the newsletter, please contact your mobile operator to cancel it.
- If you can not unsubscribe, you can contact the operator's complaints service with a request to solve your problem.
- How to get rid of sms-spam? You can activate the "black list" service and put the phones of unwanted providers there. The service blocks calls and SMS messages from the specified numbers.
- Never respond to spam. Scammers can use your data to steal money from your account.
How to get rid of spam? In contact with
- Set up the "Privacy" feature in your profile. Specify that only your friends can write to you messages and invite to groups.
- If you received a spam message, be sure to click the "This Spam" button. Then the spammer's page will be deleted by the administration in a short time.
- If you received a letter ostensibly from the administration, where you are asked to provide your password, it is the intrigues of spammers. Inquiries the administration can send you only by SMS.
- Make your password more complicated: it must contain letters and numbers. Then it will be more difficult for spammers to gain access to your account and start sending spam on your behalf. Regularly change the password. If you follow these simple rules, then you can easily get rid of spam in contact.