After buying a router,the need to configure it correctly 192.168. 0.1. A badly configured router guarantees a user a lot of problems, one of which is the lack of connection to the Internet, Wi-Fi failures and so on. In this article I will talk about the features of connecting this device, and also explain how to properly configure the router 192.168. 0.1.
A rich variety of routers
Today, there are many routers on the marketfrom different manufacturers. Along with the dominant TP-Link there are routers of such manufacturers as ASUS, Zyxel, Linksys, Netis and a number of others. The visual content of the settings menu for them may differ, different there may be a set of options directly related to the level and price segment of the custom device.
In my article I will focus on the important settings of the Internet connection, which are present in almost every router. In order to find out which router better study the relevant article.
Connect the router
We go to the router
Before you start working with the router, it is desirable to reset its settings.
Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the router for a few seconds. The indicators will flash and the router will reboot.
- Wait a few seconds to load it.
- We launch any browser (you can use the classic "Internet Explorer"), type in the address line 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.1.1), press "Enter".
- In the appeared window enter admin in the line "username" and "password", click "Ok", and get to the settings menu of the router itself.
After completing the settings, confirm them. Your router will reboot and the network must earn. If something went wrong, you can reset the settings and start over again, by holding down the Reset button for a few seconds.
For those who refused quick setup, I can recommend a standard scheme.
Go to the network settings by selecting "Network" (Network), and then click on "WAN" (an abbreviation of the Wide Area Network).
- Next, you need to contact your provider and specify what type of WAN connection it offers you, also find out the DNS addresses and other settings.
- Typically, the most common type of connection is dynamic IP and PPPoE.
- After setting the parameters and saving them, click "Save", and then go to the "Clone MAC address" line.
- Click the appropriate button, then click on "Save". But I would recommend contacting your ISP and clarifying this issue, as it may have its own requirements in this regard.
- If necessary, specify the settings dictated by the provider, and then click "Save".
Set up wireless mode
Next, we need to determine the settings for Wi-Fi.
We press the menu item "Wireless" (Wireless), in the menu item SSID (Wireless Network Name) we write the name of our network.
- In the field of the region we indicate our country, the channel is left "Auto", the mode is "Mixed", the width of the channel is "Auto", in the column "maximum speed" indicate the maximum possible.
- Check the "Enable Wireless Router Radio" and "Enable SSID Broadcast" check boxes, then click "Save".
Configure connection security and password
After installing the above connections, you can connect to your router through the name and password of your Wi-Fi network that you specified when configuring.
Other useful options
Most routers allow you to perform otheruseful settings. So, you can limit the circle of people connecting to your router, by filtering their MAC addresses. To do this, you need to register the MAC addresses of devices that are allowed or forbidden to connect to your router, in the menu item "Filtering by MAC addresses".
In the menu item of the router "DHCP" you can configureDHCP options (what is it is described here), specify the boundaries of dynamic IP-addresses in the local network, specify the validity period of such addresses, gateway, domain and DNS data.
Also in the options are presented various optionssecurity (by default must be enabled), firewall settings, parental controls, and so on. Their configuration is not, of course, necessary, and is made at the request of the user.
It is not difficult to configure a router if you havenecessary data on the connection to the Internet offered by your ISP. After receiving this information, usually there is enough quick setup to make all the necessary changes. If, for any reason, you do not succeed, then try to seek the help of a qualified specialist, so that he helps you to understand the specifics of your situation.